FORWARD NM in collaboration with Hidalgo Medical Services, Gila Regional Medical Center, and Western New Mexico University will be hosting a series of academies this summer. All academies are free and offered to any student residing in NM. Please see the brief descriptions and links below for more information, the flyer, and to apply!
SMASH– Summer Math And Science & Healthcare Academy (June 6- June 10)
- Will offer math, science, and English courses (and fun J) for incoming 9th grade students interested in pursuing a health career.
- For more information, check out the WNMU webpage and our 2016 SMASH flyer.
- Apply here by May 27.
HCA– Health Careers Academy (June 20- July 22)
- Intensive, Math, English, Science, and ACT preparatory courses for incoming 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students interested in pursuing a health career.
- Previous students have improved their ACT test scores by 28%.
- Housing and food provided Mon-Fri each week (free).
- Students completing the academy will gain 4 dual credits (counts towards high school and college).
- For more information, check out the WNMU webpage and our 2016 HCA flyer.
- Apply here by June 6.
MCAT/DAT– Medical College Admission Test/ Dental Admission Test (June 6- July 20)
- Intensive MCAT/DAT preparatory courses for college juniors, seniors, or recent graduates interested in pursuing dental or medical school.
- Previous students have improved their test scores by 44%.
- For more information, check out the WNMU webpage and our 2016 MCAT/DAT flyer.
- Apply here by May 20.
We would like to also like to thank the Freeport-McMoRan Foundation and McCune foundation for their sponsorship for these programs.
Please, contact Alex Maus (575-534-0101 ext. 2112; firstname.lastname@example.org) or Miriam Kellerman (575-534-0101 ext. 2114; email@example.com) with any questions.