The National Center for Frontier Communities is a non-profit dedicated to providing advocacy and innovative solutions to the most rural communities in the country. This opportunity is ideal for individuals who are creative; want to learn more about all that pertains to non-profit work, are inspired by developing innovative solutions, and want to promote the quality of life in rural and frontier communities by changing policies, environments and systems. , This position will be supervised and mentored by an experienced staff specializing in providing solutions to rural issues, non-profit work and food policy. The goal of this position is to increase awareness about issues unique to frontier communities and to assist with the SWNM Food Policy Council and Non-Profit Resource Group and ongoing outreach and capacity building work that NCFC is engaged in.
Functions: Program Support
- Assist with community outreach work (eg. Phone calls, manning tables at conferences, etc.), associated with promoting NCFC and its programs–including the Southwest New Mexico Food Policy Council and the Nonprofit Resource Group.
- Help develop and implement a social media strategy and outreach campaign including use of such social media platforms as facebook, twitter and mailchimp.
- Assist in research and facilitation of meetings pertaining to the work of the SWNM Food Policy Council
- Assist staff with various aspects of specific grant projects-research, data collection, report writing etc.
- Assist with maintaining and adding content to NCFC and Nonprofit Resource Group websites
Training and Development:
- Attend all Pre Service and ongoing trainings and workshops.
- Develop an Individual Development Plan and monitor results.
- Daily support and work training by HMS Staff.
- Works to assist program specialist and program managers in collecting and organizing program data needed for reporting.
- Completes times sheets and employee status reports on time.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and partners in a high-energy environment
- Ability to demonstrate consistency and reliability;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to maintain accurate records;
- Experience with development and/or maintenance of websites and use of social media
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook proficient;
- Ability to provide creative and innovative feedback
- Ability to be punctual and consistent