Position: Office Clerk Date Issued: November 2015
Department: Administration Reports to: Administrator
Job Classification: Non Exempt Hourly
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Position Function Summary
Under the direction of Administrator the Office Clerk performs work directly related to the management and business operations of CHI and its local, state and national partners. Functions include clerical and administrative duties and basic bookkeeping. Guidelines include all SWCHI policies and procedures.
The delivery of quality service and positive interaction with our customers is critical to the completion of all tasks within this job description, thus the employee is responsible for establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships with visitors, partners and CHI employees in a courteous, respectful and professional manner.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer telephones
- Assist in filing duties (hard copy and electronic)
- Enter accounts payable and receivable in accounting system
- Compile financial records
- Help organize office activities
- Sort and distribute mail
- Handle travel arrangements and expense reports for Executive Director and other staff or partner organizations as needed.
- Schedule meetings and conferences and meeting logistics in-house or externally
- Assist with purchasing as needed.
- Administrative support tasks involving but not limited to making copies, shredding, organizing supplies, taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Perform data entry
- Manage confidential employee information and HR related duties
- Will adhere to established safety practices and standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
High School Diploma or equivelant, 1 year office/management experience.
- Desirable Qualities
Detail oriented, cooperative, team player, proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Physical Demands
- Occasional prolonged standing/walking
- Occasional lifting of supplies and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional driving short and /or long distances.
- Frequent use of computers and keyboard.
- Working Conditions
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Considerable use of keyboard
- Intermittent pressure due to deadlines and working with the public.
- Must be able to travel locally, within New Mexico and by air nationally.
- Special Requirements Must be willing to use personal vehicle in the course of employment. Must be willing to do inter and intra state travel as needed.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and should not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
For more information please contact Lucinda Tecca at firstname.lastname@example.org